Thursday, October 4, 2012

Quote of the Day

Recently I came across a quote written by Leonardo di Vinci which really stuck to my head, and here it is:

Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication

What does this quote really mean?  Well I am sure for different readers, there are different interpretations.  For me personally, I relate to the quote in 2 ways.  On a personal level, I have lived a chaotic and hectic cosmopolitan lifestyle all my life.  In hindsight, it is quite amusing to see how I could have survived schedules of working 16-hour days, while taking care of my husband and daughter, maintaining social gatherings with friends and family, and merging into a herd of travellers during Easter Breaks only to find that vacation ended up to be more tiring than work itself.  There was never enough time.  And now with my deliberate attempt to live a simpler life with balance, I can see the beauty and peace in doing so.  It has taken me years and years of being a hamster running on a wheel to realize that simplicity in life, relationships, taste, and activities is truly the most enjoyable.

The second way that this quote relates to me is of course through Chimpped!  Chimpped stands for simplicity and that was the entire reason we decided to create the platform in the first place.  Time is the most scarce resource and I just could not stand to see much of it being wasted in doing non-value added processes such as making bookings.  But to introduce a simple solution and have it adopted is not a "simple" task.  In fact, it is very difficult.  As we were building Chimpped, I did have people ask me why were we so silly to spend all this time, money, work and complicated issues in order to solve simplicity for other people?  My answer was:  why not?  Chimpped may just be a simple idea and not a big industrial or scientific break-through, but it doesn't need to be.  We just want people having the option to spend less time booking or coordinating schedules for all the activities that they do.  We also want Service Providers to have a simple and easy way to connect with their customers.  Afterall, "Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication"!

Do you prefer simplicity?  Here are some choices to compare to see what you prefer?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment